Wednesday, February 14, 2018

WOYWW #454

Happy Valentine’s Day! And Happy WOYWW! What is this? Why, it is the fantabulous blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The StampingGround where we open our craft room doors to show what our work desks look like on Wednesday.  And to show what fun crafty items everyone is working on. 

And here is my chaotic desk.  I am primarily a card maker…that is how I got started in this paper crafting hobby.  All the forays into art journaling, painting, etc. are me trying to grow into an artist, but really..I make cards.  Or so I thought...until last night.  It is very embarrassing to even show this; my “main” desk in my room, which was clean and ready to go. Until last night when I had to make a Valentines day card for hubby, and 3 birthday cards for BFF, 10 year old nephew and 33 year old step-son. 

After 3 hours, I walked out with at least the Valentine’s Day card; but it’s “eh”.  (I didn't even take a picture!) I have the small Gelli plate, brayer and Oxide inks out to, I thought, create great backgrounds.  I don’t even know where they went, as they aren’t there.  Tim Holtz’s mini holiday blueprint stamps need to get put away.  The markers are the Sheena Sparkle markers I bought from HSN a few weeks ago, and finally got to try.  They seem a bit difficult to get started, but I only tried two.  The Distressed Doily and heart die cuts didn’t work, so need to get put in my die-cut tin.  And then, maybe tonight…some of my card making Mojo will come back and I can get the birthday cards done.  Fingers crossed!

Oh, and here as the finished Castle page from last week.... the castle done in watercolors, which was kind of fun, once I relaxed.




So, there you have it. Now jump back to Julia’s and see some more creative spaces.  Stay Crafty, my Friends.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, love your castle; I haven't even attempted mine. I must admit that these days I only seem to make a card if I really need to and my first art of choice is journaling or tag making. Have a good week. Sarah #14

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, gorgeous projects. I've heard of the Sheena pens, but not used them. I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that they are rebranded Wink of Stella markers. And I'm sure someone told me that if you remove something on the pen, the Wink of Stella name is there. I'm sure it's the same pens. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #15 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Celtic knotwork panels down the side of the artwork - nice castle too! If I HAVE to make things, then I get all het up about it but if it's just an on the spur of the moment idea, then it always goes much better! Daft huh?!
    Hugs LLJ 12 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim! My name is Belinda. I am card maker too but I too am exploring other mediums. That castle is amazing. I uses stamps for my cards because I was not blessed with the gift of drawing! Hey, how do you like the Oxides by TH? I have never used them.
    Belinda (25)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have really gone off making cards, but have had a run on them as well! love the castle. Helen 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim, I love the cards :) ~Stacy #36

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim, oooh I would love to rummage around on your desk. Looks lots of interesting things on it. The castle is very nice. Thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely week Heather #13

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work doing the castle. I started with scrapbooking, then into card making, now trying journaling once in awhile. But mainly card making. I love my Geli plate to make prints for bgs for my cards. Thanks for the peek at your space. #40

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice looking desk. Great cards. Found out through Ancestry .com that I have a lot (28%) Irish genes and I have been all about learning about clans, Celtic knots, and castles of late. Have a great week. Vickie #39

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am guessing your watercolour castle is for Wanderlust class? I am waiting for my order from Amazon with the kuretake pallet of watercolours, have a lovely week, Vicky#7

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should not worry about showing a messy desk as they look much more loved than a tidy desk... well that's my excuse any way! Have a lovely belated WOYWW, Angela x20x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kim. Love that castle - it's great! Oh dear - I do hope you find everything you have made. It's just too easy in my case, to put things down and then never see them again!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  13. The castle came up really well, good for you! And me too, I’m a card maker. And...I couldn’t sit down in one evening and come up with four needed cards..the ‘need’ part of it makes my brain stop working! Your desk looks good from here...more art than chaos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!