Wednesday, January 31, 2018

WOYWW #452

Welcome to WOYWW! What is this? Why, it is the fantabulous blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground where we open our craft room doors to show what our work desks look like on Wednesday.  And to show what fun crafty items everyone is working on. 

How in the name of all that is Holy can we be a twelfth of the way through the year?????  I’m still cleaning up stuff from last year! 

The good news; which is always true for January and February, is I’ve had a lot of time for crafting.  Which lately means working on the Wanderlust course.  Bad news, I’ve been relying on my craft fair stash of cards for birthdays, sympathies, etc., so need to get back into the card making mode. (And I have not forgotten about those Christmas images waiting to be colored…they’re still stacked….and waiting.)

So, here is what we came for; the Desk.  Still on the Journaling side.  This is a page waiting to dry.  Taking aspects of the Michelle Turbide lesson for one of the Wanderlust activities.  I have the paints I’m using: 2 bottles of the Liquitex soft body acrylics to the left; my small collection of Deco Media fluid paints in the basket to the right (need more of them!)  2 jars of gesso I’m using in place of white paint, a pile of virgin stencils top left, and a page I felt like covering with paint; we’ll see where that goes once dry. 

And my journal pages from last week’s lesson; A Life in your hand.  First time I’ve had fun doodling-there may be hope for me yet! 

So, there you have it. Now jump back to Julia’s and see some more creative spaces.  Stay Crafty, my Friends.


10 comments:

  1. great pages from the wanderlust course! still not done any here.. just watching and waiting!! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Kim, lovely to read a positive about January and February! Might as well accept now that the Christmas images will wait for a deadline, and then you can make other cards without guilt! loving the journal pages, the doodling looks as if you’ve been enjoying that sort of thing for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Kim. Love the hand page - love the fact that music plays such an important role in your life.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim this Wanderlust stuff looks interesting. Have a lovely woyww and happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hand page! Very creative! I look forward to seeing where the painted page is going (sometimes my pages tell me what to do as well!) Thanks for your visit, you can come explore my room anytime! Have a great week! Lindart #34

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do love that Life in your Hands page! How wonderful to see the music notation there. It got me thinking about what I'd represent in mine and music would pretty much take up the whole hand, I think! Lol.
    Time is definitely speeding up, there's no doubt about it......
    Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful beautiful journal pages,, perfectly depicted theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim so happy to see you are also doing Wanderlust 2018. I find the classes inspiring and when my creativity wains(too often these days) I can work on the activities or follow the artist's class. I managed to do the hand abd poem page and want to try the Wandelust Book prompt. This year switched to a 7 X 8.5 hard bound Strathmore Journal. I am posting to Facebook as it is easier than their site. SO far my digital world has conspired to make Blogger postings difficult. It is as if Microsoft is at war with Google and I am caught in the middle. Now my printer makes all images .pdf and I cannot find how to change it. Canon speaks in Geek.
    Better try to figure out my transfer image for Life Documented started with one eye yesterday!
    Monica 33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim, great pages, So much colour! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Kim; another desker and Wanderluster. love your hand for lesson 4. I haven't attempted lesson 2 yet I must admit. Have a good week. Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!