Wednesday, September 20, 2017

WOYWW #433


Hello WOYWW Deskers!  It’s Wednesday, which means its “What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday”, a blog hop hosted by the lovely Julia at The Stamping Ground

Another short, but not nearly as shocking as last week’s post. My main desk, side desk, floor and storage sideboard are still organized.  Yes, that means I haven’t been over to that side of the room. LOL!  Instead I took my short stints at the journaling desk, where you see this WIP for the Wanderlust course.  It is to be an exercise in “Mindful Art Journal Painting”  I think that means the doodling part, with gel pens.  I don’t like doodling.  And I suck at it; just sayin’. 

The container to the left is my “good” acrylic paints, Distress, Liquitex soft body and inks, and a few of the larger tubes of Dina Wakely’s Heavy Body ones.  The white envelope is the September Stencil Club stencils from Stencil Girl; can’t wait to play with them!  Some of the new flavors of Dylusions spray inks, that don’t fit in the current container, and some of the other stencils I’ve just finished with on the spread I worked on from last week. Oh, and the fan is back, since we’re back in the high & humid 80’s in Upstate NY.  Yuck!  Oh, and the bar across the front is my new Ott Light!  I figured I spend enough time at that desk now that I deserved a real light.  Thank you Joann's for having a sale at the time of my revelation! 


Speaking of last week, here is that finished page, also a Wanderlust prompt. 


So that’s me; now go back to the Stamping Ground to portal off to other creative desks.  Stay Crafty my friends.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kim. I like the music page! As a musician I can fully relate to losing myself in music. The other page is coming on well - don't give up, will you?
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, i love the finished music page; the colours are lush. I'd never heard of the Stencil Girl monthly stencil club. I wonder if they do it in the UK or whether it would be too expensive for postage? Happy WOYWW Sarah #18

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both pages. And you don't suck at doodling. I cant quite understand that it's a prescribed technique though, I think that doodling is meant to me mindless and freehanded, rather than mindful....it always seems contrived if you do it deliberately, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, so loving that music page, just brilliant. Have a great crafty woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the music page and your other one looks great so far - keep going! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I do love your pages this week - especially the berry and gold one. I don't do good doodling either, it bores me rigid and the effect is never what I want!
    HUgs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the music page the background is amazing and the one in the making looks great too.. The colours of both are prefect... May #11

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Kim, I love that metallic sheen on the journal page. Stunning.Sorry I'm late this week, but I ended up wiped out. Feel better today though, so hopefully I'm past the worst of it. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #2 XxX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!