Wednesday, January 4, 2017

WOYWW #396 A clean desk for a Clean New Year!

Whoo Hoo! The first What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday of the new year!  Thank you again, Julia, for hosting us on this fun mid-week blog hop!


My desk this week is waiting.  I spent some more precious hours over the New Year’s weekend not crafting, but tidying.  All my Christmas stamps, papers, embellishments, etc., have been put away. And I can no longer buy any more holiday stamps; unless I do what the organization experts say, and get rid of an equal or greater number.  I just can’t fit even one more cling stamp in my huge under-bed storage tote.  Such a quandary to start off the new year! LOL!

I did go into almost every drawer and cubby space, and while I did get rid of a few things (see the full trash can?)  it was mostly to re-organize so I can fit in more.  So my main desk and side desk, which as soon as I move the iPad and Laptop will have a nice clean area, are ready for my 2017 Endeavor!  My wonderful Hubby enrolled me in the Everything Art’s yearlong Wanderlust series!!  49 weeks of exploring creativity and new mediums! I can’t wait! 

And the mica spray update; I found the receipt…I did purchase them! Yet they are still very much missing in action.  Only 2 more workstations left to go through, and then I can blame it on the mice.

So that’s me; now go back to the Stamping Ground to portal off to other creative desks.  Stay Crafty my friends.


10 comments:

  1. What a great space to start all that 2017 creativeness! What a great gift hubby gave to you! Happy New Year! Lindart #37

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, I think we've all been tidying and reorganising this week. I keep saying I will not buy any more Christmas stamps, as I have a ridiculous amount, but every now and again I see one I have to add to the collection! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe although you paid for them, you didn't pick them up...I've left stuff on shop counters before now. It's very very annoying! The old 'get rid of some before buying more' will definitely be my mantra this year......and a test of discipline when the new Christmas stuff is launched later in the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck finding your mics sprays... I find things turn up when you stop looking... or they stay somewhere so safe even you can't find them!

    Good luck with the last two cubbies... then on with the pulling stuff out to create great things!

    Happy New Year
    Erika #27

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Kim. You have a lovely craft area there - and lots of scrummy things in it. What a lovely Christmas gift from hubby. Enjoy.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. A tidy start to the new year - wish I could follow suit! Enjoy the Wanderlust, I am signed up again and determined (ha ha) to keep up and keep doing rather than just watching this year! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to start the New Year with a clean sheet. Thanks for stopping by yesterday. The books are Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. I don't really like watermarking my card photos, but by taking the shots in front of those books it makes them mine.

    Fiona #24

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's tough isn't it? You know you have to sort out and get rid of some stuff but it's harder than that. Sigh.....I hope your sprays turn up, you hven't put them in a 'safe place' have you? That's a sure fire way of me losing stuff, I tell you :-D
    Hugs, LLJ 15 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cleaned out my studio too. Feels AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome looking desk. Don't you hate it when you know you have something and can't find it...I did that the beginning of December and went and bought more...lo and behold I found it yesterday! I have way too many duplicates because of that! Happy New Year! Vickie #12

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!