Thursday, April 2, 2015

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge 3, #25; Frameworks Page. 35.

Welcome to another installment of the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge, Vol. 3, hosted by Linda at Studio L3.  This is the Twenty-fifth challenge in where we work through the techniques of Tim Holtz from, you guessed it…his 3rd Volume of the Compendium of Curiosities!!  As in the past challenges, we can’t give details on the challenge, so don’t ask, but do go get your own copy of Tim’s fabulous book.  Also, InspirationEmporium has offered an extremely generous $50 Gift Certificate for all the odd numbered Challenges! So grab a copy, and join in to play!!  All the deets are here, at Linda’s blog!

 I can’t believe I missed the last challenge…time has just gone crazy!  So, for this one; I purposely aimed at adding a framework die frame to a birthday gift; two deadlines are better than one!

I decided to make my Brother a Wine Journal, (odd, as we’re getting him a bottle of Macallan Scotch as it’s his 50th) The cover stamp is by Inkadinkado, colored by Distress markers, the inside saying from Stampscapes, the paper from The Paper Studio’s Tattered and Worn paper pack, I used the Trellis Framework die (hard to tell, but one of the "fillers" is cork!  the Latticework Layering Stencil on the back cover and insides, and the In and Out Decorative Strip die for the letters.  I made normal pages, and then cut a bunch of tags to go into the Tag Pockets, in case they wanted to save labels to go with notes.  I still need to add the Ideology file tabs to divide red/white, etc. fingers crossed my order arrives in time!
 
This is my 2nd wine journal I've given away….I think I need to start one for me!  Now please go visit the Curiosity Crew’s sites…where they show you some other great examples for these amazing dies!
 And Happy Easter everyone.

6 comments:

  1. A wine journal? WOW! What a cool idea! A unique gift too! LOVE the cover...the frameworks, the wine motif! Thanks so much for playing with Tim's Frameworks with us at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim. What a clever idea! I love the cover of your journal...very "wine-ish". :) The frameworks that you've incorporated on the cover looks great. I love the little elements you've tucked into the frameworks and how you've used some of the remnants of the die cut on the spine of your journal. What a very cool gift! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wine journal! How clever and I love the colors. Good job...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Honey. If you need to give another one then you have my addie. I love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! He will love it. The cover is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your win! Enjoy the spend, can't wait to hear what you buy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!