Wednesday, February 4, 2015

CC3C #21: Rock Candy Distress Glitter, Pg. 63

Welcome to another installment of the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge, Vol. 3, hosted by Linda at Studio L3.  This is the Twenty-first challenge in where we work through the techniques of Tim Holtz from, you guessed it…his 3rd Volume of the Compendium of Curiosities!!  As in the past challenges, we can’t give details on the challenge, so don’t ask, but do go get your own copy of Tim’s fabulous book.  Also, InspirationEmporium has offered an extremely generous $50 Gift Certificate for all the odd numbered Challenges! So grab a copy, and join in to play!!  All the deets are here, at Linda’s blog!



So…glitter…my nemesis….amazing how that stuff gets everywhere!! But if you’re going to play with glitter, the Distress Glitter does seem to be the way to go; and yes, I do have the large jar of the Rock Candy glitter..(mostly because my Rock Candy Stickles always run glitterless…)

I was actually a good dooby, and actually read the instructions all the way through..twice…while trying to figure where I would go with this…and ended up with a grandiose Valentines Card that I thought I could double for my Husband, as well as being a project for the first stamp class I’m teaching on Valentine’s day.  I neglected to take pictures…it involved red stains, the Curio Die, and an awesome brush-stroked heart.  And it was an Epic Fail…and sorry..no pictures.

And then while playing around with other Valentine’s thought for the class, I thought red lips on the bottom would be cute…and was originally going to make them shiny embossed red, when Yippie, I thought, use the glitter!  So here it is!  The Festive Berries ink did hold quite a bit of the sticky powder, but I did have to go back in with an embossing pen to touch a few spots…possible with the Distress Glitter, as you can heat it. 

So, as this is not the best example of this use of distress glitter,  go visit the Curiosity Crew’s sites…where you can see some stunning examples of this technique! Happy Crafting everyone...

5 comments:

  1. Nemesis? LOL!!! Love that! You are right about Distress Glitter too...definitely a lot easier to use! LOVE your glittery lips! AND...this is a great example! Thanks so much for joining in our glittery challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Your Valentine card is way cute and I totally love the Distress Rock Candy Glitter lips! Great idea and I think I like them even better than if you had given them a glossy look. The glitter looks much more vintage. :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC3C. <3 Candy




    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiss... I have visions of you inking your lips and doing the technique using them... how cool would that be? Fabby Valentine card, bet your hubby will treasure it. Thanks for joining in with the CC3C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those lips! Thanks for joining us at CC3C, Kim, and good luck with your class - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, KIM! I'm going to be a good dooby the rest of the week, or at least the rest of the day. Ha! Great expression. Your valentine is just adorable, very sexy glitter lips. Nice work there, chica!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!