Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WOYWW #294

Welcome to WOYWW…the “What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday”  blog hop created by Julia at the StampingGround,  so hop over there to join the fun.

 Despite having a 3-day weekend, I had very little craft-room time; but, what time I had seemed fairly productive!  And…bonus…still pretty tidy; generally not an indicator of creative productivity!

So, what you see are two of the cards I finished, and will actually be used. I know; odd statement.  But both were products of a class or challenge, which usually means I keep them in my “Ideas” basket. But nope, these puppies are going to be sent out.  There is the package of TH Christmas words dies, which I really need to find a place for, a few of other various tools that need to get put back in the carousel. 

And here are the cards: This one will be for my girlfriends bbirthday , and I also used for the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #20, which was watercoloring using the Distress Markers.  The stamp is from one of the Stampers Anonymous Classics sets.  I finally got to try the Distress marker spritzer…with mixed results.  Probably needs practice.

This card for my Nephew’s birthday was done using a technique I was following from the “Stenciled” Online Card Classes.  This is where you aim at a corner, and let the inks fall down the rest of the sheet. I used Dylusions Spray Inks; Love the color…find them amazingly messy.  At least these were contained in a spray box.  And I think I got a bit heavy-handed;  but a pretty cool technique to remember none-the-less. (of course, now that I'm looking at it; not sure it fits an 11 year old boy, despite his obsession with fishing...hmm)


So this week is a bit more settled, so I’ll do much better popping by, but head to Julia’s now and portal to other wonderful desks around the world. Have a wonderful Weekend everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Fun cards! I like the fish one. It gives you the feeling of looking down in a tiled fish pond. I like how your spraying came out. Fun times in your place! Judy #76

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards - love the colours and the Butterfly card is especially lovely - really like the way the design is offset to the right ! Ali #20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards! I only have a few distress markers, I must use them again someday!! Helen 4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are wonderful cards!! I have the Distress Ink markers and I love them! I also have the spritzer but haven't taken the time to try it out. I really should! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #14

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, Kim - I think the vintagey butterfly one is particularly gorgeous!
    Hugs, LLJ 25 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't look at it anymore Kim...it's fine really!! Nice technique, will store that, or attempt to, in the old memory bank! Well I think two cards based on challenges that you will be using is a triumph, so go you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the techniques/ challenges. I'm excited about the new Distress colors coming out this year. Creative Blessings! Kelly #70

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards there Honey. I love that stencil. Desk is pretty tidy too! Well done!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!