Tuesday, October 21, 2014

CC#3C #13: Worn Cover

Posting from IPad.  I apologize for formatting and typos...Welcome to another installment of the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge, Vol. 3, hosted by Linda at Studio L3.  This is the thirteenth challenge in where we work through the techniques of Tim Holtz from, you guessed it…his 3rd Volume of the Compendium of Curiosities!!  As in the past challenges, we can’t give details on the challenge, so don’t ask, but do go get your own copy of Tim’s fabulous book.  Also, InspirationEmporium has offered an extremely generous $50 Gift Certificate for all the odd numbered Challenges! So grab a copy, and join in to play!!  All the deets are here, at Linda’s blog!

FIrst, I love journals: I love touching them, flipping through them, hoarding them; I just can't seem to bring myself to write/create in them!  I'm sure its a fear of ruining them.  SO, with this challenge, I'm not just altering this cover, but I'm making a journal I will start working in; easy as it's loose-leaf, so any totally failed pages can be replaced! Brilliant!  My subject: Wings, as I have a thing for all things wing-ed: Birds, butterflies, dragonfly's; etc.  And have a whole parcel of stamps and sayings that haven't been inked just waiting for this opportunity!

I used a sheet of Wallflower Paperstash as my start, various stencils on the back, side and cover; Primarily Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Scattered Straw DI's everywhere. Industrial stickers for the title, and a little butterfly to go on the front.  I did not add any dimensional embellishments, as it will be on a book shelf, and I don't want them getting scrapped off; that may change.  I used the brads to attache the ring binder as I never have any luck tying anything in. On the inside I made 2 pockets of a brown manila paper, that I printed over on the gelli plate with copper, green and gold paints.  

And in the one pocket, an image form my new Clarity Stamps...so cool! So there it is; my no-excuses journal.  The pages I put inside take anything wet really poorly, so as soon as I receive my larger watercolor paper, I'll add a few sheets of those as well.  Now go visit Linda and the Curiosity Crew to see what they have come up with! Happy Crafting everyone!





1 comment:

  1. Wow Kim! This is absolutely gorgeous. I love what you have done and a great idea for your first journal. I have some chicken stamps if you would like some too? And don't forget you have 3 French Hens and 4 Calling Birds stamps too!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!