Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WOYWW #236

Happy WOYWW Everyone! That is short for What’s on Your Workdesk Wednesday, the brilliant blog hop initiated by our lovely hostess, Julia at The Stamping Ground….and you can see all the deets there.
This week, I am happy to report all my Christmas cards are done  Now, that is not to say I may still play around with some ideas, as I have 4 stamps new this year that I haven’t even inked yet…and I did make that vow that I’d be far more prepared for the craft fair and general card making in the future …but at least the pressure is off. Well, now I have to make them out and send them, but you know…

So what you do see now (and now that I’m looking, I really do hope those ink pad lids are closed!) is the birthday card I literally whipped up for our orchestra conductor, whose birthday is the same as Beethoven’s, and for our last concert of the season we will be celebrating both with a big cake and snacks… And for once I can say thank heavens for patterned layout paper, as that is the background for the card.  I really didn’t do much to it at all; just the happy birthday stamp, put a bit more color on the violin, and stamped the inside. 
And, not that you can really tell, but yes, there are a few more jars of the distress paint holding up that little drawer that holds my distress foam applicators.  6 more,, thanks to Joann’s wonderful 40% sales.  While I’ll be at the Cape this weekend having Christmas with my Husband’s family, I swear I will be cracking those babies open in the next week…so stay tuned! LOL!

Have a great week everybody!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmn! Not sure you should be talking about "cracking those babies" in public!! LOL!!
    Hark at you finishing all your cards. I am still doing them despite having loads done before December!!
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued now! What orchestra and what instrument do you play?! I played the cello in various youth orchestras for many years and now enjoy playing tuba in a brass band. I honestly can't imagine my life without music....I don't know what I would have done instead. It's such a massive part of my life!
    Great busy desk...well done on finishing the cards and don't strain yourself cracking the babies ;-)
    Hugs, LLJ 43 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo all done with your Christmas cards! Happy WOYWW!

    NancyH
    #76

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!