Wednesday, October 10, 2012

CC2C #24- Hard to Resist Alcohol (inks that is...)


 Oh who am I kidding, I can't resist alcohol period! LOL! Wow, it’s week #24 at Studio L3’s Compendium of CuriositiesVol. 2 challenge!! And this week Linda has challenged us with page #59 of Tim’s fabulous book, Alcohol Ink Resist.  And as I’m working on cards for a holiday craft fair, I worked on a Christmas theme, which also fits into the Creative Chemistry 101 Facebook Challenge for October, which was using any of Tim’s techniques with a holiday theme. 

I used re-purposed packaging for my base, and while I can’t mention any specifics in fairness to Tim, I can pass on an important tip…when working with the plastic packaging, beware pet hair!!!  I almost had my own felts to use with the alcohol inks!!  I used the Tim’s baroque sizzix die, and colored the chickadee with Distress Markers.  (and note to self…cut the paper first!) The stamp is from Impression Obsession, as is the stamp I used on the resist technique which is one of the Cover-a-card stamps.  As I didn’t want the overlay to be too dark, my resist is very subtle, but overall I kinda like it.  Not sure about the back card color, but I think this will be a design for this year as well.

So jump over to Linda’s to see what others have done with this fun technique. And don’t forget to check out Friday when a new challenge will be issued!

5 comments:

  1. oh i love this to bits,so so effective brilliant hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim this is gorgeous, I love the stamp you have chosen for the resist, and the bird is perfect. I SO know what you mean about pet hairs, it's not unusual to have a fur ball in my embossing powder lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card there Kim. I think we used the same snowflake stamp!! That birdie is lovely! I have posted mine too!! Yippee....we are on the same wavelength today!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous - what a fab idea!! Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE chick-a-dees! They are such sweet little birdies. What a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!