Monday, September 17, 2012

CC2C #21: Blended Stains

Welcome to another week of Linda's Compendium of Curiosites Vol. 2 Challenge! This week we have been assigned page #45 from Tim Holtz's fab book, blended stains.  And to make things interesting, Simon Says Stamp has put up a gift certificate!!

This technique was also shown by Tim in his Creative Chemistry 101 class, and even then I just didn't seem to get it right...maybe I use colors too far apart?  I also tried on regular and watercolor paper, as I originally wanted to make a card, but only the manila tags seem to pull this off.  Anyone know of a white paper with the smooshy-ness of manila? I used Tumbled Glass, Barn Red, Mustard Seed and Shabby Shutters...
I will say, this does work on binding and yarn really well...

So, go grab some Distress Stains, and blend away...there is still plenty of time! Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely colours! Very cheering. I love how everyones' efforts are so different. Sandy Dallas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!