Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer Distress-well, not so distressing...

I had to make a bithday card for my old boss, and was at a bit of a loss, but then I saw the "Inspired by Summer Distress" Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp's blog, and that focused me  to, well, get inspired.  And I have to say, I am likimg the Mowed Lawn much more than I ever thought I would.  But the Salty Ocean is by far and away, my fave (both statements so odd for a "green" girl!)
And, again, I am so happy I bought that stamp from Stamp Camp!!! It has been used a bunch!

I wanted it to look watery, so I spritzed and flicked some gold perfect pearls mist that I mixed up, and then added the pearls.  So, I hope she likes it, its definately growing on me!
So there is still time if you want to play with the Summer Distress Seasonal Inks, hop on over to Simon's for the details...

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty Honey. I can sure see why you bought that stamp as it is gorgeous. Lovely colours. I am going to tell you something that may just shock you....I do not have any of the Summer DIs! I know. Shocking isn't it? Maybe it is because we haven't really had a summer over here!! Maybe I will buy some at some time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam...I'm curious..did you get my reply to this from an email yesterday? It was an option on my email notice, but I'm not sure it really went...
      Anyway, I said you needed to get a set, so you could get some summer in before its over! I'm really loving that blue!

      Delete
  2. Great card, I love how you've blended the Summer Distress colours! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this over at Simon Says and thought I'd come for a closer look. It's a beautiful card and anyone receiving it should be so happy! Gorgeous use of the colours and I love your stamp. Just joined as your latest follower - I can come back and visit then!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I like your addition of the water droplets, adds a nice texture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!