Sunday, August 12, 2012

CC2C #17- Creatively Core'dinated!


We are on week #17 over at Studio L3, and this week, Linda has given us: *Tim Holtz: A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. 2, page 61* And to spice things up, SimonSays Stamp is sponsoring with a $25 gift certificate..so go grab that stack of Core'dinations I know you have stashed and jump on in!

First...I don't know what the heck happened between photo and printing, but this is not what this looks like in real life!! The background paper is Shabby Shutters from Tim's Distress line, with vintage photo DI over,  and how it blew so yellow, when the bird and ink looks dead spot on I have no idea!

Anywho, I went with both techniques.  While I've done the first many times, this is my first with the second half.  I'm not sure if I missed something, or maybe because my image was not too detailed, I'm just not sure why we're doing step #2. (Now, you know I can't say specifics; you need to grab a copy and look it up!).  I have a piece of dimensional tape under the wing to help pop it up, while the rest of the bird is floating on the embossed portion (Tim's music texture fade) of the background. And I am 98% certain the verse comes from Verses Stamps...

So there it is...now go get Core'dinated yourselves...you have until Thurs. evening...plenty of time!! Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Pwetty Tweety Bird there Kim. I have had a similar problem with the colours on photos. Don't worry about it though it looks fabulous Honey!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great with all the details and colors. (Despite the photo being tweaked, I felt the same about mine this week and in the past.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Love the card! I totally understand you about the photography issue:) no frets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great to me! I know, though, how frustrating it is when the colors are so off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!