Saturday, December 10, 2011

Grungy Monday #29---Git 'er Done!

OK, I'm a big fan of "Git 'er done", with all that red-neck twang and mentality behind it... only way to get the board packets out on time, get the newsletter articles out to the printer on time, get a loan approved..on time (get the gist?) I'm not a big fan when creating..well, maybe with practicing those flute studies, but it has been 40 years, so I'm entitled...but definately not while creating art with ink. So it is with a head hung in shame, that I admit, this sample was attacked with the whole idea of getting 'er done. Lovely Linda at Studio L3 even gave us two weeks for this one, and no set assignment, just use a technique or product from the fabulous Tim Holtz, in honor of his wonderful "12 Tags of Christmas". But, you see, I am WAY behind the eightball this season; I sold all my Christmas cards at the craft show, so I still have to make 45 to get out for me; I have a commission of 10 gift card holders for my head boss (no pressure), I haven't even started on shopping for the immediate family, but at least picked up the grand niece/nephews that have to wrapped, boxed and mailed out this week, and I don't have a clue what to get my husband!


So, as I'm on the home computer, I can't go back to check but it was the 2nd or 3rd tag with the Holiday Relfections set that I chose to follow (Yea for me! 1 Tag technique done! LOL!) This is the one where you use alcohol ink on hard plastic and the Reflections Stamps. To get the whole formula, hop over to Tim's blog and scout it out. As I had the folder out, I also tried to recreate his original technique of stamping on the embossing folders. Of course I did it backwards the first time! LOL!

Here is a close-up, showing the music staff. I wish I had used more ink on the felt, so it would be smoother and the detail would be cleaner. I used a drop of the enamel accents for the eye. The saying comes from Memory Box.

So, done, and with luck, may actually upload before tomorrows deadline.

And, I'd like to take this opportunity to let everyone who is following and completeing the "12 Tags" to know, while I just can't post, I'm am peeking and you all deserve a huge Congrats! And Tim, thank you for sharing your wonderful vision and creativity...it's my new year resolution to be all caught up by next December 1 so I can play along too! LOL!

3 comments:

  1. oh kim just love this its,really beautiful hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Minds..... ey Kim!!
    I have just (done!) uploaded mine too though it is not Christmassey I am pleased with how it turned out.
    I am loving your card. I don't have those reflections stamps as I didn't think I would use them but maybe I will ask Santa!!
    I loved the Tag 3 so much I got a bit carried away and kept on printing!!!
    10-15 cards a month during 2012 might just see us right so that they are done before 1 December ey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the GM Challenge. Great tag, love your little bird.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!