Friday, August 12, 2011

Grungy Monday #19



Whew! I made it! Quite the week at work; which manages to steal from my precious craft time..but I'm here, with a suprisingly ok example of the technique Linda has assigned for the Studio L3 Grungy Monday Challenge. This week, we visit Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas, 2010, Day 10. This is the one that grabbed my attention, but I never went back to check it out after the holiday rush. So I was quite excited..had great plans, and then reality said I only had 45 mintues to work and photograph, and still get other things done. Hence, the "suprisingly ok" comment.

I would have like a better dabber resist texture around the background, which I had cut out of a manila file folder, not quite so heavy, but it was a learning curve. I love using the recycled plastic packaging stuff..I've been saving it ever since I saw this tag. (Trivia: I read somewhere that 18% of emergency room visits are for stitches from opening this type of bubble packaging--really!)

I used the shattered glass texture fade, and the "B" and the heart are from Tim's Grungeboard sets. I used watermelon dabber on the heart, and espresso on the b, then stamped the rest of the letters also in espresso. I also edged the heart with a bit of the espresso. The background was spun sugar--which shifted by being over the manila tag; with the snowcap dabber I thought I had just skimmed around the edges. Now, go visit Tim's link, check out the technique, and go get busy--there is still time! Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

  1. THis is great! I hope your heart mends soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever take on the theme there Kim.
    Is this in reaction to the "pants" day you have been having I wonder?
    Speak soon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is so clever hun and just so effective hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is this. Awesome use of the embossing folder. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, this is more than an "ok example" it's awesome!!! Love the cracked glass/broken heart combo!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!