Tuesday, June 14, 2011

PDC #85



Greetings everyone! I feel like if the wet weather here in the north east doesn't end soon, I'll become a mushroom!! Pretty much have kissed my garden goodbye; or put another way, it will be au naturel; may the strongest plants win! Unfortunately, with blueberry being a color of choice this week, it drives home that my 10 acres of wild blueberries... not a flower among them! I'm usually picking in 3 weeks, and my freezer is empty...so sad. But it does allow for craft time.



So, over at the Play Date Cafe, the challenge is for Blueberry (cry), Cream and Dusty Rose. I started with a dark blue card, layerd with a cream panel that I ran through a swiss dot embossing folder. I then hit the dots with some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. The TH Tattered Florals die was used with a dusty rose paper. Some of the flowers were hit with the DI Sapphire ink, with a new lace pattern and music pattern stamp from Glitz Studio. The other two were hit with an Inkadinkado Flourish in Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. Hard to see in the photo, but the brads are a sparkly dark blue. The saying is from Impression Obsession (yes, I wrote everything down this week AND remembered to bring it to work!) The panel is from the new Spellbinders Die I picked up this weekend. I don't have the impression pad or silicone pad for my Big Shot, so I improvised with folded paper...pretty bizarre, but it worked. I tried working in some beautiful blue velvet ribbon, but it just looked too busy.

So, there you have it. Now jump over to the Cafe to see everyone else's beautiful creations. I hope everyone has a great crafty week.









1 comment:

  1. oh just love this hun,the layout is just gorgeous hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!