Monday, May 9, 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge #80



The Play Date Cafe is up to week 80! This week the colors are red, orange and white. I've missed the last few PDCC's due to an AWOL Muse. She's still not around (I think she's on a cruise ship drinking mojitos and bahama mama's, which is where I should really be!) but I felt I really needed to jump back in. And what a struggle this week was!! I'm not sure why, as I really like these colors--maybe because I usually don't use them together?


So after many hours of thinking (yeah, really, since it was announced!) on Saturday I went up, and started pulling out papers--nothing moved me. Went to stamps, and found this set from Sunday International--had them for years, and they weren't even mounted yet! Since coloring is a challenge for me, I didn't want to go that route (though there is one single really nice goldfish, but I didn't have any sayings I felt went with it) so then I thought of the alcohol inks..and bam--a plan was in place! LOL! If Only! 2 sheets of glossy later--I finally got a background I liked. I had heard that you couldn't mix the Adirondack AI's with the Pinata AI's. Can't remember why--different types of alcohol base maybe? But I only have the Peach Belini and Cranberry Adirondacks that would fit, as Butterscotch and Terra Cotta just didn't, and the Pinata had Chili Red and Tangerine. But the tangerine came in too yellow, so I had to add the Peach to "orange" it up. I used the mono print technique from the Compendium of Curiosities, and the two types seemed to play nice. It seemed to be the clear solutions that didn't go well. I then embossed with white EP, layered on a chili-red paper, the tried dyeing the ribbon to become orange. That didn't work out quite as well- it sorta came out rusty.


It is a white card underneath it all, but my image came out much darker, and it looks sorta dark cream/pale orange to me, at least on this monitor! (I really need to calibrate my camera view screen, my home computer monitor, and my work monitor! LOL!) So, with all said and done--I really need my muse to come home! I have some serious crafting to get done! So jump over to the Cafe and see what wonderful works of art everyone else came up with-and jump on in! Happy Crafting everyone!

6 comments:

  1. oh this is stunning hun love it,hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic colours again. love your card. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think that the final product turned out marvelously, even if it may have been a struggle for you! What a great effect with the alcohol inks...the design and coloring came out beautifully! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, this turned out really beautifully..a true work of art! THanks for sharing it with us at THe PLay DAte CAfe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how you used the colors, it's so pretty and unique! Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!