Thursday, April 14, 2011

WOYWW #97


Here they are!!! Just before I turn out the lights Wed. night...aren't they beautiful?? (Oh, no, not the Reese's! They were long gone!) No, the canvas's! I had gotten Tim Holt'z 2nd DVD, "The Journey Continues" at Christmas. His altered canvas with beeswax facinated me! Since then, I have been on a quest to find natural canvas. The credits listed Canvas Concepts. They were still around, but only do wholesale now. And when I got their distribution list, sure, stores carried the white, gesso'ed canvas's, but not the natural ones. (I had even managed to place 2 orders, Mid West Scrapbook Supplies cancelled it almost immediately, and Sears went so far as to give me a tracking number and date of delivery...only once that day came and went, and I called them, they told me the product was no longer available, did I want a credit???) So, after emailing the company rep 5, er, 6; maybe 7 times..she finally hooked me up with an 8 x 8 inch pack! They arrived Tues! Of course Tim's segment lasted about 15 minutes, start to finish....these took about 15 minutes, and still had to dry! LOL! Hopefully I can start the beeswax portion on my next craft break-away; and get the letters and everything else ready and complete by the weekend!! If "pleading" a migraine to call in sick didn't always bring the real thing...I'd be all waxy now-LOL!


So, jump on over to Julia's place, and check out hers and everyone else's busy, beautiful desks! And keep peeking in on me; I'll post those canvas's as soon as they are done!

5 comments:

  1. Love the look of the canvases- thats a great start. Its really annoying when you can't actually get your hands on a product, isn't it? Shaz #105

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of those canvases! You might look into getting some stretcher frames and making your own next time. I had to do that a while back when the size of the canvas I wanted wasn't standard. You can buy ready made or have them at the craft store. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. thanks for sharing. Vickie #78

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh just love the look of the canvas,s cant wait to see what you do with them next hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried any wax anythings but I love your results ... cant wait to see them develope

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't own any TH DVD or books, and am a bit thick too - why do you need natural canvas if you're going to cover them in a blaze of such lovely colours. I'm missing something...anyway, love the colours, love that you've persisted and that you know so well where it's all going that you can prepare the alphas and things before you get to the net stage. Most impressive. Going to be fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!