Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WOYWW #89


Good morning everyone!! And how busy everyone seems to be this week! To see what I mean, hop over to Julia's site and check it out. I got some serious time in this past weekend; what with valentines day and birthdays...mostly finished too! Except for this mess, which was left Sunday night, and is still sitting here this morning. I have realized I have a rather large hole in my stamping supplies; one that is required for all the "boy"; "Guy" "Manly" cards that are cropping up in my life. This one is for my to be 4 year old nephew. Mostly into trucks and construction, but his dad owns turtles, snakes and lizzards, so this is where I'm going this year. It might be a redux for his 8 year old brother in a few months...LOL! The background piece on the right side is the batik technique from Tim's book (yeah, I actually used an iron for this kid...you know I care!) I'll post a close-up once its done. The stamps are my first un-mounteds, designed for fabric batik; can't remember the company now though. They have little iguanas designed to look like a damask pattern.



The big lizzard, again, unmounted, before I learned to write this stuff down, is from a company I just don't remember. I stamped him with the Adirondack Copper Dabber, then thought of the dried marigold stickles....THEN I thought of coloring the triangles with a prismacolor pencil..yup, stickles not dry, pencil has orange glitter glue all over the tip...should sharpen off though. Oh, and I also tried to use a Glaze Pen in thet teeny tiny eye detail..while not dry...sometimes I wonder where my brain drifts off too! Now, as of this moment, I have absolutely no idea how this will come together...none whatsoever! So wish me luck tonight! (and--he's 4, not a NY art critic!..gotta relax! LOL!)


Oh, and for those who wanted to see the finished step-son card, here it is. Even with the puppy vs. feather insident, I think it pulled toghether rather nicely. Again, the background is the rusted enamel from Tim's Compendium of Curiousities: you all gotta go check that one out! It came out very suede-y for this one. Have a great crafty week everyone! I'll be popping in on your desks a bit later!

8 comments:

  1. The lizard is great, really has life to it as well as a glamour that is, somehow, allowable for a reptile. The 4-year old will love it, I'm sure. Shirl #122

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great desk, lovely artwork thanks for sharing,
    joZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, really gorgeous, Shaz #131

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing Vickie #30

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely artwork, the lizard is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Caro #60

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't make great art without making at least a bit of mess ya know!! Love the lizard. I don't have many male sentiments and could do with a few more in general, but I use the computer and Word a lot and then just punch or cut them out.

    Hugs
    Brenda 100

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lizard great fun ~ Nicky no.6

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!