Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Distress Stickles!


Welcome Week #10! I've been looking forward to this technique for a while...a reason to use all my pretty stickles bottles! (Yeah, that hording..need all colors thing...)

So...with all my bottles lined up..the possibilites!! Settled on flowers..I had cut some at my old stamp store on the Cape, and thought the outlines would mirror Tim's technique sort of. After inking, I covered the flowers with Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold,touch of Fired Brick, Milled Lavender, touch of Dusty Concord, Faded Denim, Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint. (Almost all but the browns and metals! LOL!) I found I liked dabbing more than spreading; more texture was left that way. The saying is from Rubbernecker Stamps.

Got everything all glued down; and Dumb...Stupid...Me...couldn't leave well enough alone...thought leaves and a vine would be nice... Part of my brain was shouting "Stop! Less is More"..and yet my poor, uncoordinated hand had to grap the peeled paint bottle and start squirting! LOL! Ah well, "it is what it is", as the saying goes! So, the picture isn't great, but you can sort of see the glitterl
I have found that Simon Says Stamp is also running a weekly challenge, and this week its stamping in the Wendy Vecchi-Studio 490 Style. Just discovering Wendy, I hope this sort of works; I've noticed she has flowers on almost everything...so this is going there as well...I hope it isn't too wrong. You can find their challenge here: Simon says stamp and show

10 comments:

  1. Such a lovely tag! Perfect sentiment to go along with your wonderful flowers and background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These flowers are fabulous. Great colours.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I LOVE those vines and leaves! Actually, I love the entire tag! From one Distress Stickles hoarder to another, you've done a sensational job of blinging this lovely card without overdoing it. Those multi-layer flowers are so cool, and the sentiment is perfect. Beautiful colors, too. It's fabulous, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tag. Super the way you outlined the flowers and great sentiment. I am envious of your stickle collection. They are on my shopping list. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely flowers, the distress stickles really make them glitter and shine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag, love the sparkly flowers. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag, Kim! I've not played with any Distress Stickles this week & I'm feelin' the need! *lol*
    Thank you for joining me & the other Design Team members for this week’s Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge! We really appreciate you joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great tag, those stickles really make it eye-catching! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week- Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok....so do I need to dub you the Stickle-A-holic??? you are just to funny....BTW great job with the tag!!

    thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew! I'm GLAD your brain didn't win over your hands! I love the leaves ... and everything else here!

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments mean alot to me!